After a hiatus of in-person activities over the last year, the Aga Khan Education Board, Tanzania held its first in-person activities beginning in October 2021 with the objective of focusing on innovation and English language development. This included a 3D Design workshop in October, as well as activities like Space Exploration, English Fun Day, IXL English Clinics, and English Booster Classes in November and December 2021:
- Expedition: 3D DESIGN at Up-Studio Africa on 10th October 2021 for Grades 7 and 8. Students learned basic techniques and tools for designing 3D products.
- Expedition: Space Exploration at Up-Studio Africa on 14th November 2021 for Grades 4 to 6. Students explored how to build rockets, launch sites and mechanisms for landing on any planet. Take a look at the video below for highlights.
- English Fun Day at Aga Khan Primary School Multi- Purpose Hall on 14th November 2021 for KG to Grade 2. A fun-filled afternoon for children and their parents. Children and parents competed in groups to un-jumble alphabets, words, did crossword puzzles, read books & drew pictures.
- English Fun Day at Aga Khan Primary School Multi- Purpose Hall on 21st November 2021 for Grades 3 to 6. An afternoon for children and their parents, where they competed in groups to un-jumble words, did crossword puzzles, read books and students explored the world Atlas and solved continent block puzzles. Take a look at the video below for highlights.
- English Booster Classes at Aga Khan Primary School from 5 November to 4 December 2021 for Grades 1 to 6. One hour English language classes were held on Fridays and Saturdays, whereby students were supported to enhance their learning based on the school curriculum.
- IXL Clinics from 4 November to 6 December 2021 for Grades 1 to 6. Clinics were held at Upanga Jamatkhana Social Hall (for all Upanga and Karimabad students) and at the AKEB Learning Centre at Darkhana Jamatkhana (for Darkhana, Kariakoo and Changombe students) on Mondays and Thursdays, respectively. Take a look at the video below for highlights.
- IXL Competition from 1 to 10 December for Grades 1 to 6. Students competed this time on English language skills and will be awarded National, Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and trophies. This competition was nation-wide and students will be awarded in their respective regions.