New directives from the Government of Tanzania
As the Jamat knows, the Government of Tanzania confirmed its first the Coronavirus in Arusha on March 16, 2020. Today, March 17th, the Government announced specific measures that are being taken by the Government of Tanzania to reduce the risk of transmission. These are:
- Effective today, all schools will remain closed for 30 days. Form 6 examinations will also be postponed to a later time. The Ministry will advise on new dates for the exams.
- All large gatherings, which are not necessary, are cancelled effective immediately. This includes all seminars, meetings, conferences, exhibitions, festivals, political gatherings and all relevant social gatherings.
- All sports activities are also cancelled, including interschool games throughout the country.
- Do not travel outside of the country, if not needed.
- All individuals coming through any of the Tanzania international airports will be screened thoroughly/
We urge all Jamati members to adhere to the directives issued. The National Council for Tanzania and its task force will continue to monitor the situation closely and will continue to take pre-emptive steps to reduce the risk of infection for the Jamat specifically. The protection of the Jamat is our utmost priority and responsibility. In line with this, we will continue to provide updates to the Jamat as regularly as possible, and in line with the changing situation. We will continue to communicate through various platforms including Jamatkhana announcements, Whatsapp messages, SMS messages where applicable, the Khabar website and The Ismaili Tanzania Facebook page. Frequent updates will be posted on covid19.khabar.co.tz.