‘Global Encounters’ seeks passionate and ambitious participants who are interested in service, leadership, and international development. Applicants must be between 15 and 17 years old by 1st June 2018 and must be entering their last three years of secondary school during the 2018 – 2019
Academic year. Participants must also speak English with proficiency.
Three camps will have been planned for 2018. Each camp will start in mid-July and last for 25 days.
- Global Encounters Kenya, hosted at the Aga Khan Academy in Mombasa
- Global Encounters India, hosted at the Aga Khan Academy in Hyderabad
- Global Encounters Pakistan, hosted at the Aga Khan University in Karachi
The camps in Kenya and India are expected to host 60 participants and the one is Pakistan will have 40 participants.
The participants are expected to apply online at the.Ismaili/globalencounters and are encouraged to read the various pages on the website. On the “Apply” page, there will be a link to application. All applicants will need to create an account on the site in order to apply to the programme. The application deadline is 14th January 2018. No applications will be accepted after the deadline has passed.
The Facilitators’ applications will be accepted until 1st February 2018.
In order to have an insight of the Camp, the participants and facilitators are advised to participate in the webinar session, which is will be held on the following dates:
- Webinar : December 22nd/23rd, 2017 at 9 pm (Dec 22) Vancouver time(PST)/12 am (Dec 23)
Toronto time(EST)/ 5 am (Dec 23) London time (GMT):
- Webinar : January 7th, 2018 at 9 am Toronto time(EST)/2 pm London time(GMT):
For further information and queries, contact Arshad Akbar on + 255 784 366 543