Updated map by the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children on the spread of the Coronavirus as of April 13, 2020 9am EAT.
As the Jamat is aware, the numbers of the confirmed Coronavirus cases are steadily increasing in Tanzania, particularly in Dar es Salaam. Out of the total 46 cumulative confirmed cases (as of April 13, 2020), 32 are in Dar es Salaam. These new cases are the result of local transmission – meaning that the virus is being spread internally and the new cases are not imported from other countries.
We, the National Council of Tanzania, urge the Jamat to take this seriously and take all possible prevention measures to protect you, your families and others around you. Please do not take this situation lightly. The protection of the Jamat is our utmost priority and responsibility, and we need you to do your part to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone and the Tanzania population as a whole.
We remind the Jamat to continue taking the following precautionary measures:
- Avoid going out unless needed and avoid large gatherings while in public.
- Wear a facemask if you go out in public places.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining 2-3 meters between you and others in public.
- Wash hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds – even if you are at home.
- If you have mild, flu-like symptoms, seek medical help immediately by calling the numbers Distance yourself from others at home by staying in a separate room so you protect those around you.
- Keep your home clean at all times; disinfect “high-touch” surfaces and wash your hands frequently after cleaning those areas.
If you need help, keep these phone numbers saved in your phones:
- Aga Khan Health Board: 0743 110 114 or 0745 110 785
- Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam: 0785 749 359
- Safety & Security team: 0746 777 728
We appreciate the Jamat’s support in following the above-mentioned prevention measures to curb the spread of the Coronavirus. We encourage everyone to keep checking in with family and friends.
Telegram Messenger app: join the informational group by National Council for Tanzania.